Gateway Church Privacy Notice
Why are we collecting your data?
We collect personal data to further the ministry of Gateway, including carrying out activities and events in our community, provide appropriate pastoral care, to monitor and assess the quality of our services, to fulfil our purposes as a church, for employee administration and payroll , to maintain our own accounts and to comply with the law regarding data sharing.
In legal terms this is called ‘legitimate interests’. When it is required, we may also ask you for your consent to process your data. We do not share your information with others except as described in this notice.
The categories of information that we may collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, telephone number, address and email address)
- Characteristics (such as gender, ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth) i.e sensitive personal data
- Financial details ( for Tax payers who give regularly in order to reclaim tax on gift aid from HMRC)
- Employment details
- Legal requirement information ( for safeguarding and Health and safety issues)
Storing your data
We will comply with the legal obligations to keep your data secure and to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure. We will also ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place.
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation eg we must keep records for HMRC for 6 years. (see our Retention Policy)
Where information is no longer required we will ensure data is disposed of / deleted in a secure manner.
You can choose at any point to ask us to remove your data. This can be done by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 07719356240
Security of your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those who need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the ICO where we are legally required to do so.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so. e.g. HMRC
Please note – WhatsApp is a third party processor and displays all the telephone numbers of those who are in the group which we cannot change in settings.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact Kathryn Tyler
You also have the right to:
- Withdraw the processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed;
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and also claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
- Correct or update your personal information
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact Kathryn Tyler
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact Kathryn Tyler
Gateway will review our Privacy Notice regularly. If there is any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will provide a prominent notice on the Notice board and on our web site or send you personal notification.
Gateway Leaders - May 2018